This season has a pretty extensive list of interesting series coming or already airing. Many times I pick up a series just because of a single staff or cast member, and many times they turn up being good ones :P

Heroic Age - The character design is by Hisashi Hirai who worked previously on Infinite Ryvius, S-cry-ed, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny and Fafner in the Azure, which pretty much I'm a fan of all of them. This anime is being produced by Studio Xebec which pretty much focuses on Sci-fi anime and many of them are some of my favorites too. Already watched the first episode on raw and fansub, and it ends like many other sci-fi/mecha series with a newtype boy as protagonist that may feel cliche, but I feel the story which is based on Greek Mythology has a chance to develop into a good one.
El Cazador de la Bruja - This anime completes the trilogy of Girls with Guns produced by Studio Beetrain, which started with Noir and followed by Madlax. Noir was a very good series and launched Yuki Kajiura, the music composer, into stardom and still amaze me with everything she composes. Madlax didn't receive as many rave reviews as Noir but nonetheless I liked the story by Yosuke Kuroda, one my fave scriptwriters. I hope this series will be a pretty decent one and completes the trilogy nicely. This anime is supposedly set in Mexico, yet nothing looks like it unless it's set close to the USA border, because most of the characters have english last names lol
Claymore - Animated by Madhouse and based on the manga by Norihiro Yagi currently being serialized in the Monthly Shonen Jump. Claymore despicts a medieval world where the humans are constantly being hunted by Demons, to fight them they've created female soldiers that are halfbreed human & demon and carry huge swords to fight them, thus the series name Claymore.
Gonzo has a few series prepared for this season, hope this time it's quality over quantity, unlike some previous seasons.
Romeo x Juliet - I don't have much info on this series, but it seems to be an adaptation / anime rewrite of the classic story.
I'm crossing my fingers in hopes of this season not being as boring as the last one :)
No comments:
Post a Comment